Franklin Flowers of Philadelphia is owned & operated Fred & Karen Calvello. The Calvello Family has been satisfying the floral needs of their loyal customers for over 55 years. In 1948 Mr. Al Calvello opened the first flower shop in a small garage, turned storefront in the South Philly section of Philadelphia. The name of the shop was called Almarty Flowers, (coordinating his name with his firstborn son Martin). Given the advice of his father he soon changed the name of the flower shop to Calvello Flowers. Outgrowing that small garage he purchased a corner store on Mifflin Street in South Philadelphia, that was where the Calvello Family served the floral needs of many loyal customers. In 1972 Mr. Calvello handed the reins of a prosperous flower shop to his two sons and daughter, Marty, Fred & Connie. Today Fred Calvello and his wife Karen, along with dedicated employees continue to provide quality flowers and services to their loyal customers. Please place your order with complete confidence, knowing the recipient will receive the highest quality of flowers and service.